No window combines style and function quite like the Double Hung. It is the traditional American window.
The Double Hung window consists of two "sashes", one on top and one on the bottom... that slide up and down as well as tilt in for easy cleaning.
The sliding action is made possible by stainless steel coil springs (Constant Force Balance System) which support the weight of each sash. The bottom (inside) sash is primarily used for opening the window, although the top (outside) sash can also be slid downward for ventilation.
All Double Hung windows come with features found only on elite and higher models. Essentially all-welded construction, energy efficient glass, trouble-free operation & reliability are all standard.
Proud seller of windows made in America
- Attractive exterior colonial cove profile
- Contoured frame and decorative sash lines
- Smooth, virgin, maintenance-free vinyl
- Reinforced multi-chambered construction
- Stainless steel, constant force balances
Double Hung Windows Feature:
- Two dual-action positive security locks standard
- Industry leading Cardinal Insulated Glass
- Warm Edge Endur spacer with 7/8" IG
- Energy efficient glass options for every climate
- New Patented Flex Screen available
Also available in 2 Light Slider and Picture Window models
- Both sashes open, lift, tilt with ease
- Double vent safety locks included
- Truly sloped sill and weep fortification
- Extruded frame with accessory grooves
- Available with New Construction Nail Fin
Insulator Series Windows
Premium Heritage Series Windows